I’m sort of what you’d call a closet-food-enthusiast. Those close to me know that I’m into cooking/baking but I thought it was time to finally write about it, and what recipes that I love using.
Feta Cheese Baked Chicken
Not my recipe but I made a few changes to it to make it more tasty.
- Chicken Breasts (any amount as you may like – I cook for two, but you can always increase the ingredients for more). If thawed, slice chicken lengthwise, but not completely – make it look like a book with pages separated.
- Feta Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Mrs. Dash Seasoning – I use Table Blend as it brings out all the flavors, can substitute any other seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Prep baking pan, line with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Once preheated, place chicken on pan (if thawed, open the chicken up, squeeze a few drops of Lemon Juice inside, sprinkle in Feta Cheese and dash some seasoning, and close up the chicken having it lay down on one side). Squeeze some Lemon Juice onto the chicken, next Feta Cheese (enough to cover the chicken), then dash some seasoning.
Bake for 50 minutes, for frozen. 30 minutes for thawed.
Additional directions for frozen:
- Flip halfway through baking time, upon pulling the pan out, slice each chicken lengthwise, take care to not slice completely through. Open the chicken up, squeeze a few drops of Lemon Juice inside, sprinkle in Feta Cheese and dash some seasoning, and close up the chicken having it laying on the cheese side down. Then sprinkle on more lemon juice, Feta Cheese and seasoning. Re-insert into oven, continue baking.
Upon removing chicken from the oven, please ensure that there is no pink in the middle, if so, continue baking 5 minutes or until there is no pink.